Future Platforms is an award winning digital agency with offices in London and Belfast, who create mobile applications for our client’s end users. For over 20 years we’ve created expertly designed and built applications and have seen over £1bn of revenue run through our apps!
As we’ve grown over the past year, we're currently looking for an Android Developer to enrich their skills via and grow as part of a team in the heart of digital innovation. You will be responsible for bringing amazing app designs to life and delivering high-quality code and Apps.
You will be responsible for implementing new features in any of our client apps, liaising with our UX team to bring app designs to life and working closely with QA staff to reproduce and fix bugs.
You should be an excellent team member whilst also showing resourcefulness and the ability to work through challenging problems. It will be your responsibility to complete work of a high standard in a time sensitive environment.
We’ll want to hear all about what issues you’ve faced in the apps you’ve built, and how you learnt from them.
- Using Agile workflows
- Discussing intended technical approaches for upcoming work with the team and involving the team in collaboration sessions
- Actively participating in development meetings
- Liaising with the technical lead to identify and work through problems
- Following company user guides and documentation and updating as necessary
- Improving processes and keeping up to date with Android and technology
- Demonstrated professional experience with Android, Java and Kotlin
- A good understanding of software tools
- Know your way around a Linux terminal (but advanced bash scripting skills are most welcome)
- Implementing complex user interfaces and navigation flows
- Have experienced the full app lifecycle, from initial implementation through to debugging the live apps in the field, ideally several times over
- Continuous Integration Systems (e.g. Jenkins, CruiseControl)
- Project build tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle)
What we offer
- Great clients like the Premier League, Domino's Pizza & Wembley Stadium.
- Private medical and dental healthcare
- Personal training budget
- Bonus plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ultra-flexible working (hours and location)
- Friendly teams and a central Belfast office