Senior/Lead Experience Designer
Experience Design · London , Belfast Temporarily Remote
We're searching for a User experience designer who will have the ability to communicate their views and designs to different people, but also positively challenge them with a proactive approach.
About the role
Experience Designers at Future Platforms design solutions to human problems that surprise and delight both users and clients by applying empathy, craftsmanship to strategic insights and systems thinking. Our UX/UI Designers are endlessly curious and obsessed with consumer behaviour and psychology. They demonstrate leadership across client projects, whether that is mapping and optimising an omnichannel ecosystem, or shaping a completely new user experience for a disruptive digital service. We're searching for someone that can create across multiple platforms, especially mobile devices. In this role as part of the FP team, you will be working closely with other designers and developers located in London or Belfast. You will have the ability to communicate your views and designs to different people, but also positively challenge them with a proactive approach. We believe that bringing different perspectives together also brings new thinking and the best results in the final outcome.
The key skills and experience needed to do well in this role:
- Experience with user research, usability testing, stakeholder research / business requirement gathering and ability to frame a strategy from those insights
- Proficient with user interface design patterns and UCD methodologies
- Able to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
- Able to manage and maintain IA/UI/UX best practices
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools for rapid, iterative prototyping
- Cross-platform design experience*
- A strong portfolio showcasing a strong design sense and problem-solving skills
- You are able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- Exceptional visual, verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate and relentless attention to detail
- Up to date with new techniques and trends
We have applied our core values and beliefs to every business project, big or small. Our relationships are built on transparency and trust, which has resulted in our long-standing partnerships, some of which span over a decade (hello Domino’s Pizza!).
That’s why we value being kind, being brave, being ambitious and being vigorous above all else.
What we offer
- Great clients like the First Bus, Domino's Pizza & PSG Football Club
- Private medical and dental healthcare
- Personal annual training budget
- Discretionary Bonus plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible (Smart) working
- Friendly teams and central office (post pandemic)
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Retail and other discounts
- Access to online exercise, meditation, cooking classes, and other wellbeing resources