Business Analyst (Contract to perm)
Strategy · London Flexible Remote
We’re Future Platforms, an award-winning digital services company with long-term customers like Domino’s, EE, Premier League and Wembley Stadium. We don’t just build apps, we make people’s lives better through technology. We inspire efficiency, loyalty and insight.
We're currently looking for a Business Analyst on an initial contract with a view to converting to a permanent role in the future.
About the role:
- Gathering, validating and documenting business requirements.
- Analysing commercial data such as budgets, sales results and forecasts
- Modelling business processes and identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Identifying issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impacts.
- Creating functional specifications for solutions.
- Estimating costs and identifying business savings.
- Simplifying information and deciphering technical jargon so it is easily understood by the whole team.
- Implementing and testing of solutions.
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish change.
The following are some of the specific skills a business analyst needs:
- Effective stakeholder engagement: Business analysts are likely to deal with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation right up to the CEO
- Critical thinking: The ability to understand and analyse problems and find solutions
- Problem solving: The ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with teams to solve business challenges
- Decision making: The ability to make decisions around things such as requirement prioritisation, scope, assessing viability of solutions etc
- Good listener & communicator: Requirement gathering is a key part of the role so the ability to ask the right questions and correctly understand the information received is essential
- Documentation and writing skills: Business analysts will find themselves creating documents such as use cases and business requirement documents
- Confident presenter: The ability to present findings and recommendations to senior leaders and to manage stakeholder meetings