We’re Future Platforms, an award-winning digital services company with long-term customers like Domino’s, FirstGroup, Avanti West Coast and Virgin Active. We don’t just build apps, we make people’s lives better through technology. We inspire efficiency, loyalty and insight.
We are searching for someone who is passionate about software development on digital platforms and mobile technology to join our talented engineering team as a Technical Lead.
You will need to be a self-starter, enthusiastic and well organised. You will be responsible for leading a team of frontend, backend and QA specialists, being technical point of contact for our clients and third party suppliers and mentoring other developers. This is a hands-on role and you will help implement new features, liaising with Business Analysts, Solution Designers, Product Owners and others within the business to realise the project.
You should be a proactive team member, showing resourcefulness and the ability to work through challenging problems. An experienced Team Lead who wants to grow and be part of talented team of developers, reporting into and working alongside our Head of Backend Development to complete work of a high standard in a time sensitive environment.
We’ll want to hear all about what issues you’ve faced in the projects you’ve built, and how you learnt from them.
About the role:
- Leading a team of frontend, backend and QA specialists
- Working with a solution architect or separately to define the technical approach, for upcoming work with the team and involving the team in collaboration sessions
- Managing CI/CD and ensuring work is deployed correctly
- Assisting Project Management team in defining priorities
- Being technical point of contact for clients and third party providers
- Actively participating in meetings where a technical contribution is needed
- Assessing quality of third party providers’ deliveries (e.g. API endpoints, SDKs)
- Helping identify problems and resolve issues
- Following company guidelines and documentation and contributing where necessary
- Improving processes and keeping up to date with technologies
- Extensive experience with web development, ideally Java Spring Boot and React Native
- A good understanding of software tools
- Know your way around the command line
- Have implemented complex user interfaces and navigation flows
- Have experienced the full project lifecycle, from initial implementation through to debugging live projects in the field, many times over
- Experience with:
- Continuous Integration Systems (e.g. Jenkins, CruiseControl)
- Project build tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle)
- Testing frameworks such as Selenium, JUnit etc.
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Have led projects from a technical perspective and mentored junior staff members
- Knowledge of other programming languages e.g. C#/.NET, will be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable being client facing at times
What we offer:
- Private healthcare with Vitality and private dental with Bupa
- Company Bonus
- Training budget
- Virtual social and wellbeing events: Desk Yoga & Mindfulness, weekly quizzes, lunch and learns... we're open to ideas!
- We care about our team: we're working directly with our colleagues to ask them what they want from a post-pandemic workplace