We’re Future Platforms, an award-winning digital services company with long-term customers like Domino’s, Virgin Active & First Bus.
We don’t just build apps, we make people’s lives better through technology. We inspire efficiency, loyalty and insight.
We're currently looking for a Digital Project Director (full-time, permanent) who will manage a small team of Project Managers whilst running one complex project and reporting to the Head of Delivery.
About the role
As Project Director, you will be the central point of contact for the performance of projects, and responsible for maximising profit from projects by ensuring they are delivered on time and to agreed budgets by the Project Management team.
- You will be expected to manage the growth and performance of the Project Management team, overseeing their development as the business grows.
- You will take an active role in the on-going assessment and improvement of quality delivery processes working alongside different departments such us UX/UI, development and QA, as well as establishing ways of working with new and existing clients.
- You will support the leadership team by providing process documentation, costs and timing estimates for new business proposals when required.
- Day to day responsibility for managing projects and team productivity
- Monitor and drive commercial profitability of projects
- Development of project specification documentation
- Development of project delivery plans, using Agile and Waterfall project methodology for delivery of technical build
- Support sales pitches by contributing Project Management experience and knowledge
- Work with the account team to identity and grow new business opportunities
- Provide leadership and steer your team to the highest standards
- Manage 3rd parties within given boundaries e.g. quality, commercials, scope Identify opportunities to develop capability within your team
- Extensive Project Management experience with a proven track record in delivering digital solutions comprising strategy, customer experience, mobile and technology with budgets in excess of £500k-£2m
- Have proven experience working in a creative/digital/mobile agency/consultancy leading digital teams in a fast-paced environment comprised of pitching to clients, delivering a portfolio of work and managing client relationship
- Extensive experience working on Digital and Mobile App builds is essential
- Able to demonstrate clearly the different project and programme management methodologies (E.g. Waterfall, Lean and Agile)
- Very good working knowledge of platform, mobile, CMS & technical concepts / deliveries
- Very strong understanding of the strategy and design processes
- Understanding of common web technologies, technical architecture, platforms, CMS, and services
- Experience setting up, monitoring and driving Project team KPIs