Please do attach a copy of your portfolio to your application
Product Designers at Future Platforms design solutions to human problems that surprise and delight both users and clients by applying empathy, craftsmanship to strategic insights and systems thinking. They feel comfortable leading on strong visual design (working within existing design systems or building new once) but have also enough understanding of UX.
Alternatively, we are also happy to consider experience designers for this role who are endlessly curious and obsessed with consumer behaviour and psychology resulting in creating experiences that drive customer and business value. They demonstrate leadership across client projects, whether that is mapping and optimising an omnichannel ecosystem, or shaping a completely new user experience for a disruptive digital service.
We're searching for someone that can create across multiple platforms, especially mobile devices. In this role as part of the FP team, you will be working closely with BA's/Product managers & strategists, other designers and developers located in London or Belfast. You will have the ability to communicate your views and designs to different people, but also positively challenge them with a proactive approach. We believe that bringing different perspectives together also brings new thinking and the best results in the final outcome. In any case we expect our designers to engage and interact with the stakeholders, so clear communication skills are critical.
Key skills & Requirements
The key skills and experience needed to do well in this role:
- A strong portfolio showcasing a strong design sense and problem-solving skills
- Strong digital product design skills are a must
- Core strength in leading the end-to-end design process
- Visual design skills are key to this role - Comfortable exploring visual concepts, and digital branding and layouts UX skills
- Experience with user research, usability testing, stakeholder research /business requirement gathering and ability to frame a strategy from those insights is a nice to have
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools for rapid, iterative prototyping (we are using Miro & Figma as our daily tools). Comfortable working and contributing to design systems.
- Experience in helping to oversee other projects, hiring and overseeing the work of other members in the team but still happy to do the day to day.
- You are able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- Organised and self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Passionate and relentless attention to detail
- Up to date with new techniques and trends
We have applied our core values and beliefs to every business project, big or small. Our relationships are built on transparency and trust, which has resulted in our long-standing partnerships, some of which span over a decade (hello Domino’s Pizza!).
That’s why we value being kind, being brave, being ambitious and being vigorous above all else.
What we offer
- Great clients like the First Bus, Virgin Active, Domino's Pizza & PSG Football Club
- Private medical and dental healthcare
- Personal annual training budget
- Discretionary Bonus plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ultra flexible (Smart) working
- Friendly teams and central office in London and Belfast
- (post pandemic)
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme Retail and other discounts
- Access to online exercise, meditation, cooking classes, and other wellbeing resources