Future Platforms is an award winning digital agency with offices in London and Belfast, who create mobile applications for our client’s end users. For over 20 years we’ve created expertly designed and built applications and have seen over £1bn of revenue run through our apps! As we’ve grown over the past year, we’ve found a need to grow our mobile development team and so are recruiting for a Senior Android Developer.
You will be responsible for implementing new features in any of our client apps, liaising with our UX team to bring app designs to life and working closely with QA staff to reproduce and fix bugs.
You should be an excellent team member whilst also showing resourcefulness and the ability to work through challenging problems. It will be your responsibility to complete work of a high standard in a time sensitive environment.
We’ll want to hear all about what issues you’ve faced in the apps you’ve built, and how you learnt from them. This role offers the opportunity to be a technical lead/subject matter expert for Android development on a given client project, working in an Agile environment with a team of expert iOS, backend developers, QA, and designers.
- Using an Agile workflow in order to complete
- Discussing intended technical approaches for upcoming work with the team and involving the team in collaboration sessions
- Actively participating in development meetings
- Liaising with the technical lead to identify and work through problems
- Following company user guides and documentation and updating as necessary
- Improving processes and keeping up to date with Android and technology
- Mentoring junior members of development team
- Solid demonstrable track record of experience with Android native development (Java and Kotlin)
- A good understanding of software tools
- Implementing complex user interfaces and navigation flows
- Have experienced the full app lifecycle, from initial implementation through to debugging the live apps in the field, ideally several times over
- Continuous Integration Systems (e.g. Jenkins, CruiseControl)
- Project build tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle)
- Knowledge of other programming languages will be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
- Great clients like the Premier League, Domino's Pizza & Wembley Stadium.
- Private medical and dental healthcare
- Personal training budget
- Bonus plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ultra-flexible working (hours and location)
- Friendly teams and a central London office